Sunday, August 26, 2007

in the HUSL

I, B, am now a member of the HUSL.

I have overcome many obstacles to reach the Hilltop.

I am now home, I am now a Bison.

I am part of the Howard legacy, filled with traditions of powerful leadership and undying service set forth by eminent Black scholars and others from around the world.

I am part of a family where diversity is a blessing, difference is expected and each new experience is an opportunity to be better than I was before.

I am not an island but part of a greater community and it is my duty to lift as I climb.

I am the paragon of all academia and the future of my country.

I am committed to academic achievement, striving to enhance my education and that of my fellow classmates.

I will live by the golden rule and do unto my colleagues as I would have done unto me.

I will remember that my integrity is measured not by what others see me do, but by what I do when no one is looking.

I will make a positive contribution to the overall success of my university.

I, Brandon R. Mita, accept the challenges of being a future graduate of Howard University and all of the responsibilities thereafter for the benefit of myself, my family, my community, and my alma mater.

I am a member of the Howard University family!

I am at the Capstone, the Mecca, I am Home.

No comments: